AWW Challenge 2013
After participating in last year’s Australian Women Writers Challenge and reading and reviewing 11 books, I though I’d sign up again this year. My aim is to read and review at least 10 books by Australian women over the next twelve months, and I’ll post the titles and links to my reviews here as well as on the AWW Challenge site.
Australian Women Writers Challenge 2013
- Leonie Norrington – The Barrumbi Kids
- Judith Lucy – Drink, Smoke, Pass Out
- Tansy Rayner Roberts – The Shattered City
- Mary Borsellino – A Brighter Spark
- Julie Bozza – The Fine Point of His Soul
- Carolyn Morwood – Cyanide and Poppies
Australian Women Writers Challenge 2012
Here are the books I read and reviewed for the 2012 challenge.
- Anthology – Scarlet Stiletto: The Second Cut – Review of Scarlet Stiletto: The Second Cut.
- Alison Croggan – The Gift (US title: The Naming)- Review of The Gift
- Kristin Otto – Capital (non fiction) – Review of Capital.
- Anne Gracie - The Perfect Rake – Review of The Perfect Rake.
- Deborah Biancotti – Bad Power – Review of Bad Power.
- Lucy Sussex – Matilda Told Such Dreadful Lies: The Essential Lucy Sussex – Review of Matilda Told Such Dreadful Lies.
- Kaaron Warren – Walking the Tree - Review of Walking the Tree
- Paula Weston – Shadows
- Marianne Delacourt – Sharp Shooter.
- Tansy Rayner Roberts – Power and Majesty
- Ambelin Kwaymullina – The Interrogation of Ashala Wolf
Reviews of books by Australian women 2010-2011
- The Devil’s Mixtape by Mary Borsellino
- Death and the Spanish Lady by Carolyn Morwood
- Love and Romanpunk by Tansy Rayner Roberts
- Melbourne by Sophie Cunningham
- Little People by Jane Sullivan
- Black Glass by Meg Mundell
- Fall Girl by Toni Jordan
- Liar by Justine Larbalestier
- f2m: The Boy Within by Hazel Edwards and Ryan Kennedy
- The Wolf House by Mary Borsellino
Narrelle M Harris is a Melbourne-based writer. Find out more about her books, iPhone apps, public speaking and other activities at www.narrellemharris.com.